Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeWelcome to AA!Latest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

selling everything, leaving hobby **Edit now with Pictures**

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
williamnave

selling everything, leaving hobby **Edit now with Pictures** Empty
PostSubject: selling everything, leaving hobby **Edit now with Pictures**   selling everything, leaving hobby **Edit now with Pictures** EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 2:45 pm

Hi there. I saw this forum and thought I might be able to find a person on here that would appreciate and care for my Malawi's. I have simply ran out of passion for this after 12+ years of fish-keeping. Also, I've got other hobbies that are taking up all my free time, and a 7-year old. I just don't have time to care for these fish the way they should be.

I have a 55-gallon tank (standard size/shape). All the basics are there, twin ballasts, basic black wooden two-door stand, background pic, gravel, etc.

I have some nice rocks in there. Big rocks and fake plants to provide structure/shelter. Probably 35# or more of big rock, not counting gravel. Gravel is partially crushed coral to aid buffering.

(2) Marineland H.O.T. Magnum filters. Have modified the inlet tubes so they draw up through an UG filter. This prevented fish getting stuck on the inlet tube, and gets great water flow through the gravel bed. I also have the water polishing optional filter, if you're familiar with these filters you know this is a great tool to have. The filter media is permanent, been running it for over 2 years now with no changes, and no water issues.

Heater is a fully submersible, completely indestructible type. I paid about 60 bucks for it mainly because it has an actual thermostat instead of just +/- like most. Set it to 74F over 5 years ago, no issues.

Current residents are Malawi natives. Couple of Peacocks, a Red-Fin Borleyi, couple of Red Comets, couple Labdichromis, a large Bumblebee, and a few hybrid babies born in the tank. They look like peacocks, and a couple of red comets, but honestly not sure who the parents are. All of the adult fish are 4-6".

As for extras, I have a 50' python cleaning system that comes with it. It does need a replacement part that broke, but I looked it up and it's like 6 bucks. No biggie. I have a good supply of food for them that goes with them as well. If you shopped at Liquid Sunshine before it closed - remember the custom blend bulk food in the tubs? It's that stuff. It's expensive but my fish are healthy and gobble it up like crazy. I bought a 3# bag direct from them, and it's lasted forever. I recommend it to everyone.

There's of course things like water conditioner, spare air pumps, and some other odds & ends that come with it. You get EVERYTHING. I'm not going to be keeping fish anymore. Sad

I don't know if I'm underpricing this, or over pricing it. Feel free to let me know. Any of you that know this stuff know it's probably a $1000 or more invested. I'm thinking $300, fish, stand, pumps, heater, accessories, rocks, decorations...everything. Honestly I'm more concerned that they go somewhere where someone has time to manage the colony better. They like to breed, and the decider of who lives/dies has been pure Darwinism at this point. Again, I just don't have time. The tank needs a good cleaning and water change right now, but everything is physically sound and 100% operational.

I cleaned the tank a bit, and took some pictures. They're online via Google/Picasa. Here's the link:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I won't be on this forum much, my name is Bill and you can call or text me at 541-914-8213. Thanks.

Last edited by williamnave on Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:09 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added link to pictures)
Back to top Go down
williamnave

PostSubject: Re: selling everything, leaving hobby **Edit now with Pictures**   selling everything, leaving hobby **Edit now with Pictures** EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 3:24 pm

Hi, it's me I'm the OP of this. I'm now in the process of moving, and I still own this tank. I'M NOT TAKING IT WITH ME.

SOMEONE MAKE ME AN OFFER.

-Bill 541-914-8213
Back to top Go down
Syklyd
Admin
Syklyd

Title : I am the Walrus.

PostSubject: Re: selling everything, leaving hobby **Edit now with Pictures**   selling everything, leaving hobby **Edit now with Pictures** EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 4:10 pm

If I had the money, I'd be all over it. I hope you find a buyer soon!
Back to top Go down
williamnave

PostSubject: Re: selling everything, leaving hobby **Edit now with Pictures**   selling everything, leaving hobby **Edit now with Pictures** EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 5:37 pm

It's crunch time. This thing has to go. I would take $100 as long as I knew it was going to a good home.....

-OR-

trade? I ride motorcycles, shoot guns, homebrew beer, I could really use a simple/cheap speaker set for the new house....get creative!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: selling everything, leaving hobby **Edit now with Pictures**   selling everything, leaving hobby **Edit now with Pictures** Empty

Back to top Go down

selling everything, leaving hobby **Edit now with Pictures**
Page 1 of 1