Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeWelcome to AA!Latest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Love is in the air...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Syklyd
Admin
Syklyd

Title : I am the Walrus.

Love is in the air... Empty
PostSubject: Love is in the air...   Love is in the air... EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 7:10 pm

...or something.

I just discovered a single fry in my Lake Malawi tank. Not quite sure where it came from yet, but due to it's pattern, I think it came from my Afras. I know I have both males and females, and more of them than any of my fish aside from my yellow labs, and since it's not yellow...
Back to top Go down
Fern

PostSubject: Re: Love is in the air...   Love is in the air... EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 4:09 pm

Get a pic of it and a list of tank inhabitants, maybe we can help you ID it
Back to top Go down
http://fishaddicts.forumotion.com/portal
Syklyd
Admin
Syklyd

PostSubject: Re: Love is in the air...   Love is in the air... EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 11:19 pm

I still need to post pics, of BOTH the fry that are in there!

A new one showed up today, less than half the size of the one I found previously. The first one was so big, that I assumed the mother must have been holding when I moved her into the bigger tank, but this one is so small, it was certainly born in this tank. I still have no idea who the parents are, as none of the fish spend any time in the area of the hole these guys keep appearing from! This one looks much more like I would expect fry to look, greyish brown, only faint markings... while the first one is a nice blue with dark bars. Anyway, I'll post pics when I remember to take them!
Back to top Go down
Badxgillen

Badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: Love is in the air...   Love is in the air... EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 11:32 pm

hybrids.or cross breeds?
Back to top Go down
Syklyd
Admin
Syklyd

PostSubject: Re: Love is in the air...   Love is in the air... EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 1:07 am

I've got at least a pair of every species that looks remotely similar to the fry (aside from one lone male hongi lab), so it's possible that it's not a hybrid or cross breed, but I can't necessarily rule it out.
Back to top Go down
Badxgillen

Badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: Love is in the air...   Love is in the air... EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 1:12 am

i suppose time will tell.either way cool beans.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Love is in the air...   Love is in the air... Empty

Back to top Go down

Love is in the air...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Freshwater :: Freshwater Fish :: Cichlids-
Jump to: