Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeWelcome to AA!Latest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What is your favorite place to get fish Eugene/Springfield?

Go down 
+4
Badxgillen
Whistle
jakdasnack
Syklyd
8 posters

Petsmart
What is your favorite place to get fish Eugene/Springfield? Vote_lcap5%What is your favorite place to get fish Eugene/Springfield? Vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
Petco
What is your favorite place to get fish Eugene/Springfield? Vote_lcap5%What is your favorite place to get fish Eugene/Springfield? Vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
Aqua Serene
What is your favorite place to get fish Eugene/Springfield? Vote_lcap55%What is your favorite place to get fish Eugene/Springfield? Vote_rcap
 55% [ 12 ]
Pet Time
 5% [ 1 ]
Bobcat Pets
What is your favorite place to get fish Eugene/Springfield? Vote_lcap0%What is your favorite place to get fish Eugene/Springfield? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
The Nautilus
What is your favorite place to get fish Eugene/Springfield? Vote_lcap23%What is your favorite place to get fish Eugene/Springfield? Vote_rcap
 23% [ 5 ]
Other (please reply with your choice)
What is your favorite place to get fish Eugene/Springfield? Vote_lcap9%What is your favorite place to get fish Eugene/Springfield? Vote_rcap
 9% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 22

AuthorMessage
Syklyd
Admin
Syklyd

Title : I am the Walrus.

What is your favorite place to get fish Eugene/Springfield? Empty
PostSubject: What is your favorite place to get fish Eugene/Springfield?   What is your favorite place to get fish Eugene/Springfield? EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 2:01 pm

Just curious...
Back to top Go down
jakdasnack

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite place to get fish Eugene/Springfield?   What is your favorite place to get fish Eugene/Springfield? EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 10:08 pm

I've never heard of the nautilus, do they sell good saltwater fish/corals/inverts?
Back to top Go down
Syklyd
Admin
Syklyd

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite place to get fish Eugene/Springfield?   What is your favorite place to get fish Eugene/Springfield? EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 10:15 pm

Welcome to the club!

I'm not a saltwater guy myself, so I couldn't say for sure. But half the store is dedicated to saltwater, and the quality of their freshwater stock is excellent.
Back to top Go down
Whistle

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite place to get fish Eugene/Springfield?   What is your favorite place to get fish Eugene/Springfield? EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 11:42 pm

Nope, never heard of The Nautilus, either. Guess I know I'll be doing this weekend.

I must admit, it's been a long time since I bought a fish from a LFS. Besides being limited to one tank in this apartment (I've had up to 15) I've really grown leery of where the fish are sourced. I've been getting most of my fish directly from other keepers.

Oh, nice digs! Got here via the posting on Craigslist...count me in for helping get this going into a full-fledged "club". I live in Springfield, late 30's, been keeping since I was 10. Currently a single freshwater 72bow is my only setup. Sad
Back to top Go down
Badxgillen

Badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite place to get fish Eugene/Springfield?   What is your favorite place to get fish Eugene/Springfield? EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 1:01 am

as i have yet to frequent all the stores that are mentioned on this pole is it possible to vote now based on current opinion and possibly change at a later date as experience may change my favor?
Back to top Go down
Syklyd
Admin
Syklyd

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite place to get fish Eugene/Springfield?   What is your favorite place to get fish Eugene/Springfield? EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 1:08 am

Of course, people change their minds all the time for any number of reasons, so I always post polls that let you cancel and change your vote.
Back to top Go down
Badxgillen

Badxgillen

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite place to get fish Eugene/Springfield?   What is your favorite place to get fish Eugene/Springfield? EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 1:57 am

awsome..now i am down to vote.or at least more likely.
Back to top Go down
Chrispy

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite place to get fish Eugene/Springfield?   What is your favorite place to get fish Eugene/Springfield? EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 9:02 pm

I have to say I was in Nautilus today and was wholly unimpressed. The majority of their freshwater stock looks a little underfed and they have a bunch of Hybrids. I would be leery of buying anything there if I was concerned about bloodlines. If you don't breed and are into hybrids then their prices are very reasonable. They had some Flowerhorn/texas juvies for $9 that have some potential. (though anything crosssed with a flowerhorn should just be considered a low quality flowerhorn in my opinion as they are hybridized to begin with) They seem to be angel breeders and did have some Honduran red points that looked nice but with all the obvious hybrids I would have a hard time pulling the trigger.

I am not a salt water guy but they seemed to have a nice selection and some beautiful specimens in this department. This I would amuse was their real bread and butter. They were another local store not that long ago but I don't recall the name. I only know this as I am new to the area and Googled LFS when I arrived and they came up under another name but when I called they answered as Nautilus.
Back to top Go down
Syklyd
Admin
Syklyd

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite place to get fish Eugene/Springfield?   What is your favorite place to get fish Eugene/Springfield? EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 9:25 pm

I have a couple of their Honduran Red Points, and they are definitely genuine. They also have true Siamese Algae Eaters. I've never had a bad experience there.
Back to top Go down
Chrispy

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite place to get fish Eugene/Springfield?   What is your favorite place to get fish Eugene/Springfield? EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 12:53 pm

Bummer, I didn't see the Siamese alge eaters. I have never seen those in person I may have to go back and pick some up.
Back to top Go down
Link

Link

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite place to get fish Eugene/Springfield?   What is your favorite place to get fish Eugene/Springfield? EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 3:47 pm

Is Nautilus what was once Liquid Sunshine?
Back to top Go down
Syklyd
Admin
Syklyd

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite place to get fish Eugene/Springfield?   What is your favorite place to get fish Eugene/Springfield? EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 9:32 pm

I know they are two different companies (not just a name change), but I'm not sure whether or not they're in the exact same building. They're certainly very close to it, if not.
Back to top Go down
mpharris

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite place to get fish Eugene/Springfield?   What is your favorite place to get fish Eugene/Springfield? EmptyMon Feb 27, 2012 5:03 pm

liquid sunshine closed a long time ago in eugene, nautilus is on main street in springfield downtown, there very friendly and knowledgble
Back to top Go down
BettaMomma

BettaMomma

Quote : Betta's are like potato chip's, cant have just one.

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite place to get fish Eugene/Springfield?   What is your favorite place to get fish Eugene/Springfield? EmptyWed May 02, 2012 3:30 am

I love nautilus the owner is really nice and answered all my questions I go in there a lot and no they don't have a giant selection but they do have great fish and if you ask he can order for you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite place to get fish Eugene/Springfield?   What is your favorite place to get fish Eugene/Springfield? Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1