HomeWelcome to AA!CalendarFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Looking for a new Banner for the top of the site!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Syklyd
Admin

Title : I am the Walrus.

PostSubject: Looking for a new Banner for the top of the site!   Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:52 pm

I realize the site has only been live for 2 days now, but after having searched long and hard to find a good picture suitable for the banner, I ended up "borrowing" this one from a member of a worldwide aquatic forum I frequent. I think it would be nice to have a picture of one of our own tanks, taken by one of our own members, to represent our community.

Dimensions of the banner space are 950x300. Sizes larger than that are fine, I'm a bit of a photochopper and will end up tweaking it a bit and adding the logo/text anyway.

You can PM me a copy of your picture, send it to me at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], or post it in the gallery/tank profiles, and mention that you are also giving permission for it's use as a banner.

If there are multiple photos submitted, perhaps we could make it a contest, like the Picture of the Month.

Back to top Go down
Ann7667

Quote : Time for another water change!

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a new Banner for the top of the site!   Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:19 pm

That's a good idea to have a photo(s) of our tanks . . . but not MY tank. In the 75 gallon I have an outbreak of black hair algea which gets all over everything. And I do not have my 120 gallon tank cycled yet, so, it's a boring tank since nothing is in it yet except for some beneficial bacteria trying to set their roots. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://www.AnnFuller.info
Syklyd
Admin

Title : I am the Walrus.

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a new Banner for the top of the site!   Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:36 pm

I considered a pic of my 150g tank, because the relative dimensions are very similar, but I can't get the fish to come out and swim still while I snap a pic of the entire tank!

I also didn't want to just use a pic of one of my tanks, in an effort to get other members more involved. I've got plenty of my pics littering the site already, lol
Back to top Go down
Whistle

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a new Banner for the top of the site!   Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:52 pm

This weekend I'll camp out in front of the 75bow and try to get a couple good shots. The lighting in that area is crap for pics, but I'll see what I can do. If the Dollars will come out and play it may look nice. The loaches chase them. Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a new Banner for the top of the site!   

Back to top Go down

Looking for a new Banner for the top of the site!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: The Clubhouse :: General Chat-
Jump to: