HomeWelcome to AA!CalendarFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Hit the Wet Spot this weekend.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chrispy

PostSubject: Hit the Wet Spot this weekend.   Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:45 pm

OK that sounds funny.

What a great store! Lots of stuff I have never seen in person before and it all looks like good quality stock. They had numerous different Viejas, gramodes, Cubans, a bunch of other SA/CA cichlids, tons of Africans and a large quantity of non cichlids all for pretty reasonably priced.

I picked up four thorichthys pasionis that are beautiful already at only 2" for under $20.

It's a cool shop I recomend checking them out if you get the chance. I have seen them on Aquabid a lot over the last 5 years from AZ so it was cool to actually step foot in the place.
Back to top Go down
Syklyd
Admin

Title : I am the Walrus.

PostSubject: Re: Hit the Wet Spot this weekend.   Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:37 pm

I agree, the Wet Spot is by far the best LFS I've ever been to in Oregon. Did you happen to snap any pics of your new pasionis?

Next time I go up, I'll try and post here first in case anyone wants to split gas money and head up with me, or wants me to pick something up for them while I'm there. Always nice to know your rarer fish only have a 2 hour drive from Portland, vs a several day journey from who knows where when you order online.
Back to top Go down
Chrispy

PostSubject: Re: Hit the Wet Spot this weekend.   Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:35 pm

I will try and get some pics up soon. I have finals this week so it may have to wait though.
Back to top Go down
NPTAloha

PostSubject: Mixed review   Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:07 pm

I went to the wet spot two weeks ago for the first time. I had mixed feelings about it.

As a planted tank guy, I was pretty disappointed with their selection of plants. The girl who helped me told me that plant stocks are funny because sometimes they'll keep plants in for a long time, then sell out in one day to one customer - which is probably true, but it sucked for me because I drove from Albany to stock up on stuff. No one there could answer questions about the species of plants in their show tanks either. I kept asking what certain plants were, and they'd look, go over to the stock tanks and point and say, "I think it's that one", or they would just agree with my guess at what the plant was.

Their fish prices were all over the place too. Some of their stuff was ridiculously cheap and insanely expensive.

They had cheap cichlids and rare fish, but then their prices on things like neon tetras, SAEs, and bristlenoses were twice as much as All for Fish in Albany ($3.99 for a bristlenose at AFF vs $8.99 at TWS). I suppose it makes sense from a product moving standpoint. There was a tank in the back that was selling three large Clown Loaches for $100! That was funny because I always see Clown Loaches in rescue tanks that LFSs just want to get rid of.

They did have some rad tanks though. And it was cool to see how they would plant crypts in the hanging roots of their anubias (show tank in the back). They use similar dirting methods to mine too - which was cool to find out.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hit the Wet Spot this weekend.   

Back to top Go down

Hit the Wet Spot this weekend.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Freshwater :: Freshwater Fish-
Jump to: