HomeWelcome to AA!CalendarFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Share | 

Newbie wants to buy plants and a few fish for freshwater aquarium startup

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Michele

PostSubject: Newbie wants to buy plants and a few fish for freshwater aquarium startup   Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:12 am

Hi. I am trying out a new aquarium (60"x12"x10") and don't want to invest too much into it until I am sure it is something I can keep up well. I would like to purchase some easy care plants and freshwater fish. I have been to several of the fish stores in town and they are very nice, but a little pricey for me to adequately stock my aquarium. thanks if you have any spares you could let go of reasonably. I am in Eugene/Springfield area. Michele
Back to top Go down
Syklyd
Admin

Title : I am the Walrus.

PostSubject: Re: Newbie wants to buy plants and a few fish for freshwater aquarium startup   Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:54 pm

I've got lots of rainbow cichlid juvies. Peaceful enough for a community tank (for a cichlid, that's saying something!), and only grow to 3 1/2 inches, so there's no need for a monster sized tank to keep them. I've got an ad in the Local Swap Meet section of the forums here if you'd like to see pics of the parents, and get more info. I'm asking $3 ea/obo
Back to top Go down
NPTAloha

PostSubject: you need plants? I've got plants...   Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:47 am

I do a small trim once every couple weeks and a large trim/replant every month or so. What kind of plants were you thinking?

My two cents? If you want to find out if you can handle the upkeep of a planted tank, start with the least demanding setup as possible. Plant a Walstad Method tank. Research Diana Walstad, look up Dustinsfishtanks on youtube, and buy yourself some DIRT!

I'll never go back to high tech, high cost, high maintenance aquascaping. I'll post a how to with setup steps sooner or later.

If you're already set up, then let me know if you need easy plants (bacopa, ludwigia, cabomba, anacharis etc). I could hook you up for a little money or trade. I love trade (got shrimp?). If you're not already set up, then I think you should dirt your tank.

Aloha
Back to top Go down
NPTAloha

PostSubject: *EDIT*   Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:58 pm

I'm a liar. Since that last post I have put high output lights (didn't need them) and CO2 (didn't need it) on my tank. I just want my plants to take off because I plant on selling my trims on Aquabid soon.

Did you ever get your tank set up?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newbie wants to buy plants and a few fish for freshwater aquarium startup   

Back to top Go down

Newbie wants to buy plants and a few fish for freshwater aquarium startup
Page 1 of 1